Clinics & Services
We offer a full medical service with specialist clinics for coronary heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, minor surgery, maternity and child health. We aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence.
Our aim is to keep our patients fit and healthy. Prevention is far better than cure, and many serious conditions can be prevented by a healthy lifestyle. Appointments for the following health clinics can be made through the reception staff at your registered surgery.
- Adelaide Street: 620725
- Kentmere Drive: 763556
- Adelaide Street - Wednesdays 09:00am - 1:00pm
- Kentmere Drive - Mondays 1:00pm - 3:30pm
This clinic is run by the midwives. If you become pregnant, you will be given a 'booking appointment' at which the midwife will ask you a few questions and carry out some general health checks. You will be seen regularly throughout your pregnancy either at the practice or at the local hospital, or both.
Asthma sufferers can book an appointment for advice and support from our nurses who specialise in asthma care.
- Adelaide Street - Tuesday 8:00am - 12:30 noon, 2:00 - 5:30pm
- Kentmere Drive - Appointments at Kentmere Drive are on an ad-hoc basis
Patients are contacted direct, either by letter or telephone, to attend these clinics.
Child Health And Immunisation
- Adelaide Street - Thursday 2:00 - 4:00pm, Baby Clinic
- Kentmere Drive - Wednesday 09:30 - 11:00am, Baby Immunisation
All new babies are invited for a health check-up from six weeks old. The surgery will generally invite you to attend with your child at the same time as their first immunisation appointment. Appointments are sent to you direct from the health authority advising you when to bring baby for their immunisations.
- Adelaide Street - Monday 2:00pm - 5:30pm
- Adelaide Street - Thursday 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Kentmere Drive - Monday - 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Kentmere Drive - Tuesday 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Kentmere Drive - Wednesday 8:00am - 09:30am, 11:00am - 1:00pm (Alternate weeks)
This clinic offers advice and general health check-ups to patients diagnosed with diabetes. Appointments can often be offered outside these times.
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder)
- Kentmere Drive - 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Adelaide Street - 8:30am - 12:30pm
For those diagnosed with COPD you will be invited to attend this clinic for advice and a general health check up. As with all our chronic disease management appointments they can often be offered outside of these times.
Minor Surgery/Wart Removal
- Kentmere Drive - Monday 4:00pm - 4:30pm
Treatment for warts with cryotherapy is available along with minor surgery. Referrals will be required for these appointments from the GPs or nurses.
Smoking Cessation Service
You can self-refer by calling 0845 601 2186.