In the first instance please discuss your complaint with the member of staff concerned. Where the matter cannot be solved at this stage, please ask to speak to one of our reception supervisors who will try to resolve the issue and offer you further advice on the complaints procedure. Depending on the issue, the reception supervisor may then pass your details to Alison Morden (Reception Manager) or Alahna Canning (Admin Manager) who will contact you to discuss your complaint.

If your complaint still cannot be resolved at this stage and you wish to make a formal complaint, please let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days. This will enable the practice to get a clear picture of the circumstances surrounding the complaint.

If it is not possible to raise your complaint immediately, please let us have details of your complaint within the following timescales:

  • Within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem


  • Within 12 months of when the complaint comes to your notice

The practice will acknowledge your complaint with three working days. The practice may arrange a meeting with you to discuss the complaint, to agree with you how the complaint is going to be investigated and the timescale for this to be completed. When the practice looks into your complaint it aims to:

  • Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint.
  • Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what the practice can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Formal complaints must be submitted in writing. You can either write a letter yourself, obtain a complaints form from reception, print off the complaints form attached here or fill in the form below.

Complaints Leaflet


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that the practice keeps strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, the practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be required, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability.

Complaining to other authorities

The practice management team hope that if you have a problem with the service you have received, that you will use the practice complaints procedure. However, if you feel you cannot raise you complaint with us, you contact either of the following 2 official bodies:

NHS England Lancashire Local Area Team on 01772 214127 or email [email protected]

NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT [email protected] – FAO The Complaints Manager.

0300 311 22 33 – Mon – Fri 8am to 6pm

Contacting the Care Quality Commission (CQC)

If you have a genuine concern about a staff member or regulated activity carried out by this practice then you can contact the Care Quality Commission on 03000 616161, or alternatively visit the following website:

ICAS and Ombudsman

Advocacy service for NHS complaints

This is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment. Your local service can be found on:

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) can be contacted on 0300 456 8350.


If you have not received a satisfactory response from this practice, your local Clinical Commissioning Group, or NHS England, you can then refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England.

You can call the Ombudsman’s Complaints Helpline on 0345 015 4033 or visit Textphone (Minicom): 0300 061 4298